Mayterm 2010: Conflict & Reconciliation Narratives
- Visit Belfast, Londonderry/Derry, Rostrevor, Ballycastle, Port Rush -- also Dublin, Glendalough, the Wicklow Way, the West Coast of Ireland
- See Political Murals, Memorials, Landmarks, Cathedrals, High Crosses
- Hear Stories of Many Different People In Their Own Words
- Get to Know Beautiful People, Beautiful Places, Beautiful Landscapes
- Understand Historical Roots of the Conflict, the Ongoing Challenges to Peace, and the Miracles of Dialogue
- Study Peace and Conflict Through a Rhetorical Lens
Details are still being finalized. The program will officially begin on the first day of Mayterm 2010 (May 10) and will end about June 16. You will visit Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
- Faculty Members Leading the Program: Professors Deborah Dunn & Sarah Yoder Skripsky
- Course Units: Seven Total Units -- Com 133 (4) and Com/Eng 195 (3)
- Fulfills GE Serving Society (12-13 hours of community service in N. Ireland)
- Cost Estimate DOES include all lodging, meals, admissions, and required events while traveling; cost does NOT include room and board the first few days on campus (not an issue if you live off campus); cost DOES NOT include international airfare (this way you may use frequent flier miles, have more freedom to fly in/out of your home airport, or stay abroad for a longer period of time). $5885
- No Prerequisites
- Application Deadline is in November; Applications are available NOW from Off Campus Programs or Professors Dunn & Skripsky
- Information Meeting: Wednesday, Oct 28, 6:30 p.m.
Contact Professor Dunn (x6780) for more information.