Mayterm 2014 - From Berlin to Belfast:
- Visit Berlin, Dresden, Belfast, Londonderry/Derry, Rostrevor, Dublin, London, and Coventry
- Witness Political Murals, Memorials, Sites of Struggle, and Places of Remembrance
- Walk the Paths of Bloody Sunday and the Berlin Wall
- Worship in Dresden and Coventry, sites for reconciliation
- Inhabit spaces, stories, and landscapes marked by struggle and forgiveness
- Study peace, conflict, memory, and place via communication studies and the arts
The program will officially begin on the first day of Mayterm 2014 and will end about June 15. You will visit Germany, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, and England. You will need a current passport (one that does not expire before December 2014).
Faculty Members Leading the Program:
- Lisa De Boer (Art History) and
- Deborah Dunn (Communication Studies).
No Prerequisites - All Majors & Classes Welcome to Apply
- Total Course Units: Eight (8)
- Com 134 (4 units; counts as com elective or category I- may be taken in addition to Com 133) and
- Com/Art 195 (4 units; cross-listed course - will count toward art or communication)
- Fulfills GE Thinking Historically - Common Inquiries.
- Cost Estimate ($6200) DOES include all lodging, meals, admissions, and required events while traveling; cost does not include international airfare to Berlin and from London (this way you may use frequent flier miles, have more freedom to fly in/out of your home airport, or stay abroad for a longer period of time).
- Application Deadline is in November - applications available in September from the Off Campus Programs Office or here
- More information here
Contact Professor Dunn or Professor De Boer for more information.