Associate Professor of Economics & Business
Phone: (805) 565-7159
Office Location: Deane Hall 102
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
and By Appointment
Management, Marketing, Management Information Systems
Social Networking and Viral Marketing
- Bachelor of Arts from Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois
- Juris Doctor from The George Washington University in Washington, DC
- Member of the Ohio, District of Columbia, Federal, and the US Supreme Court Bars
- Master of Business Administration from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Master of Science in Computer Science from Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois
- Thesis: an examination of computer security on the OS/2 operating system
- Doctorate in Educational Administration from Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Thesis: a case study of the implementation of technological change within an organization
Teaching and Administrative Experience
Westmont College (2011-Present), Associate Professor of Economics and Business
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Society, Morality and Enterprise
- International Marketing
- Change and Innovation
Trinity International University, (2010-2011), Associate Professor of Economics and Business
Wheaton College , Wheaton, Illinois (1983-1987), Assistant Professor of Economics and Business
· Lead Technology Analyst focusing on security and project management at BlueCross/BlueShield in Chicago. Established programs and taught the latest approaches to project management and systems development. Involved with the transfer of project and strategic management knowledge into on-line and web-based courses. Coordinated security implementation for a client/server based multi-tiered membership system.
· Served as a Project Management Specialist at Hewitt Associates, a Strategic Technology Planner at ISSC/IBM Corporation, a Corporate Information Access Planner at Continental Bank, and a Senior Consultant at Andersen Consulting in Chicago.
· Social Networking and Viral Marketing, Cognella/University Publishers, 2nd Edition, 2012. This book defines social networking and viral marketing and applies the concepts to a structured marketing approach.
· Entrepreneurial Technology, Cognella/University Publishers, 2nd Edition, 2012. This book introduces entrepreneurial concepts and applies them to technological implementations.
· Management Information Systems: Solving Business Problems with Information Technology
© 1997 Irwin (McGraw-Hill) Publishing Company; 4th edition © 2005. Co-written with Dr. Jerry Post from the University of the Pacific, California.
· Management Information Systems: Using Cases within an Industry Context to Solve Business Problems with Information Technology © 2000 Prentice-Hall Publishing Company. This is a corresponding casebook to the textbook.
· Guide to Financial Privacy: Regulatory Impact on Technology © 1999 Alex Information, Inc., Publishing Company. Co-written with James Pannabecker. This guide analyzes computer security and privacy for the financial industry.
“The Impact of Social Networking and Viral Marketing on College Teaching,” Coalition of Christian Universities, Annual Dean’s Meeting, March, 2011, The Woodlands, Texas, March, 2011.
“Proposed Department of Education Regulations in regard to Proprietary Colleges,” Coalition of Christian Universities, Annual Dean’s Meeting, The Woodlands, Texas, March 2011.
“Beyond Strategic Leadership to Leadership Information Systems,” with Stephen and Teresa Hallam, Midwest Business Administration Association Conference, Chicago, Illinois, March 27, 1992.
“Personal Workstation and Local Area Computer Network Security: A Comprehensive Approach,” Institute for Internal Auditors, Chicago, Illinois, May 20, 1991.
“Information Security on the Personal Workstation: OS/2: Linkage and Control,” The Twenty-First Computer Audit, Control, and Security Conference of the Electronic Data Processing Auditors Foundation, Chicago, Illinois, April 12, 1991.