The Westmont Economics and Business Speakers Series brings regionally-recognized and nationally-known business leaders, corporate executives and directors, economists, entrepreneurs, and senior managers to campus to address the students and faculty on a wide range of connections between economics and business, matters of faith, ethics, and contemporary issues in the global market environment.
Below is a sample of guest lectures in the series:
- Dr. H. Igor Ansoff - Distinguished University Professor of Strategy, USIU.
- Jim Eiting - Founder and Chairman of Mid Mark Corporation
- Eff Martin - Managing Director of Goldman Sachs, Silicon Valley office.
- Max Dupree - Former Chairman + CEO, Herman Miller Corporation.
- Sir Patrick Duffy - Former Member, British Parliment
- Dr. Stephen Smith - Chair of Department of Economics, Gordon College, MA.
- Dr. Fred Kiesner - Hilton Chair of Entrepreneurship, Loyola Marymount Univ.
- Mike Seashols - Former President + CEO, USoft Corporation, Silicon Valley.
- Dr. Frederick Dow - Former head of the Management Dept., Notre Dame Univ.
- Richard Taylor - Former head of institutional trading, T. Rowe Price, NY City.
- Dr. James Martinoff - International consultant and Prof. of Finance, Pepperdine.
- Paul Orfalea - Founder of Kinko’s and West Coast Asset Management.
- Kenneth Elzinga - Distinguished Prof. of Economics, Univ. of Virginia
- Peter J. Hill, George Bennett Professor of Economics, Wheaton College (Illinois)