Fast Track Program
Students already enrolled in a Westmont program and desiring admission to Westmont’s Credential program should complete the following:
- 1. Obtain a Multiple Subject (Elementary) handbook or a Single Subject (Secondary) handbook for the credential program from the education department. This booklet provides further details on all requirements.
- 2. Schedule an interview with a member of the education department. ( Waived for Liberal Studies majors.)
- 3. File an application with the education department during the junior or senior year by March 1.
Formal Admission. The Teacher Education Advisory and Candidate Selection Committee bases admission to the teacher preparation program upon:
- 1. Academic qualifications - 2.75 GPA from a four-year institution, CBEST results, and a passing score on the appropriate CSET (California Subject Examinations for Teachers) exam.
- 2. Junior standing or above.
- 3. Completion of ED 100 or ED 101, or evidence of 100 contact hours with children or adolescents.