Fast Track Program
Students already enrolled in a Westmont program and desiring admission to Westmont’s Credential program should complete the following:
- 1. Obtain an admissions checklist and a Teacher Credential Program Handbook from the education department.
- 2. Schedule an interview with a member of the education departmetn. (Waived for Liberal Studies majors.)
- 3. File an application with the education department during the junior or senior year by February 15.
- Formal Admission. Among other considerations, the Teacher Credential Program Admissions Committee will base its decisions on fullfillment of the following requirements:
- Academic qualifications - 2.75 GPA from a four-year institution, and a passing score on the appropriate CSET (California Subject Examinations for Teachers) exam.
- Basic Skills Requirement. While this requirement is generally met by passing the CBEST exam, there are a number of other options and a complete listing is available in the CTC correspondence at http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl667.pdf
- Junior standing or above. -- Completion of ED 100 or ED 101, or evidence of 100 contact hours with children or adolescents.