Adjunct Instructor of English
Office Location: Reynolds Hall 105
TuTh 3:15 - 4:15 PM
and by appointment
- M.A., English, Literature Emphasis, California State University, Northridge, 2012, with Distinction.
- Single Subject Teaching Credentia, English, California State University, Channel Islands, 2008.
- B.A., California State University, Northridge, 1982, Cum Laude.
- 2012-Current: California State University, Northridge Part-Time Faculty
English 115 - Freshman Composition following the Stretch Curriculum
English 113A & English 113B – Stretch Composition Developmental Program—Reading & Writing developmental program. Some classes primarily consist of non-native English speakers.
- 2012-Current: Santa Barbara City College
Presently teach English 100, Fundamentals of Composition, assisting students in an intensive program for developing writing skills, while implementing various writing assignments as well as evaluating student progress.
Presently teach English 110, Composition and Reading, instructing students on critical reading skills, research skills, and writing research papers, argumentative essays, and literary analysis.
- 2011-Current: California State University, Northridge
Writing Consultant in Learning Resource Center
- Conducting writing workshops that focus on academic writing needs.
- Conducting writing workshops in preparation for the Writing Proficiency Exam (WPE).
- Consulting individually with students in preparation for the Writing Proficiency Exam.
- Consulting with students across the curriculum from freshman to graduate level about various types of writing genres, various stages in the development of writing in an academic setting, and critical reading and writing strategies.
- 2010-2012: California State University, Northridge
English Teaching Associate
Teacher of record – responsible for preparation and implementation of lessons, writing assignments and evaluation as well as final grades.
Trained in theory and current composition pedagogy by Teaching Associate Program and Composition Program Director Dr. Irene Clark
- English 155/115 - Freshman Composition
- English 114A & English 114B – Stretch Composition Developmental Program
- English 113A & English 113B – Stretch Composition Developmental Program—Reading & Writing developmental program primarily consisting of non-native English speaking students
Secondary Education Teaching Experience
- 2008 Student Teaching Experience: San Marcos High School, Santa Barbara, CA.
- 2007 Student Teaching Experience: University Charter Middle School, Camarillo, CA.
- 2008- Present: National Society of Leadership and Success, Sigma Alpha Pi, California State University, Northridge
- 2008-2012: Associated Graduate Students of English, California State University, Northridge
Church Involvement and Denominational Preference
- Raised and Baptized: First Baptist Church
- Attend Christmas and Easter Services yearly