Professor of Mathematics
Phone: (805) 565-6184
Office Location: Winter Hall 304
Summer: by appointment
Professor Leech has taught at Westmont since 1985. When he's not proving theorems about idempotents and skew lattices, he enjoys painting, walking on the beach with his wife Pat, and consuming a good cup of coffee.
Professor Leech teaches
- Linear algebra
- Introduction to Statistics
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, UCLA
- M.A., Dallas Seminary
- B.A., University of Hawaii
- Noncommuntative lattices
- "On maximal idempotent-closed subrings of Mn(F)" (with K. Cvetko-Vah), International Journal of Algebra and Computation, to appear.
- "Rings whose idempotents form a multiplicative set (with K. Cvetko-Vah), Communications in Algebra, to appear.
- Cancellation in skew lattices (with K. Cvetko-Vah, M. Kinyon and M. Spinks), Order, 28 (2011),
9 - 32.
- Skew Boolean algebras derived from generalized Boolean algebras (with M. Spinks), Algebra Universalis, 58 (2008), 287-302.
- Associativity of the nabla-operation on bands in rings (with K. Cvetko-Vah), Semigroup Forum, 76 (2008), 32-50.