Westmont Academy of Vocal Excellence
WAVE Summer June 22nd - July 6th Camp 2014!
Take this special opportunity to explore and develop your technical and creative talents in an atmosphere of artistic professionalism with our highly skilled faculty and Artist from Westmont College Santa Barbara CA.
- For High School singers, actors, and dancers age 14 to 18 years
- Musical Theater & Concert performances & Scholarship competition
- Master classes for professional performance development
- Private Vocal Lessons for vocal technique & vocal freedom
- Focus on college-level choral singing of major choral repertoire
- College level Sight singing, Music Theory & Choral singing
- Participate in master classes with workshop and guest faculty
The Summer Vocal Institute is an unique opportunity for young High School students to explore and develop their vocal and performance skills. Classes range from choral workshops and performances to vocal development and Musical Theater scene preparation . The Summer Institute also prepares singers for vocal competitions, scholarshops and college vocal auditons and special workshops with guest Artists.
Musical Theater Workshop
In this summer's program students will have the opportunity to
explore the many facets of performing. The Workshop includes Scene Study and Character Development from Broadway shows such as "Into the Woods", "Cabaret" ̧ "Les Miserables" and Opera Scenes from "Hansel & Gretel", and "Die Fledermaus". The Workshop will include basic stagecraft, stage direction, and choreography and stage movement. Students will have the opportunity to develop and perform solos and ensemble work in a special showcase in Porter Theater at Westmont College
College Level Choral Singing
This session will focus on the discipline and techniques required to excel in both traditional and contemporary music in choral singing. Students will be given the opportunity to develop sight reading & ear training skills,
and explore college level choral music. This class is taught by our esteemed professors of choral music.
For more information please visit the following links: