Graduates of the Year
Below are listed the physics department "Graduates of the Year" given to the outstanding senior of each graduating class. Congratulations to each of them!
George Bate Scholarship Recipients
Incoming students are invited to apply for this competitive first-year scholarship. Below is a list of recent awardees.
- 2010-11: Luke Patterson
- 2009-10: Alegra Aulie, Mark Skovorodko
- 2005-06: Sze Fern Lim
- 2004-05: Jaimie Gillette
- 2002-03: Kyle Watters
- 2001-02: Manuel Reyes
- 2000-01: Crystal Peden
- 1999-2000: Jacob Johnson
- 1998-99: Kevin Veenstra
Albert Wheelon Scholarship Recipients
This yearly award is granted to a senior B.S. physics major who has excelled at academics and who plans to pursue a PhD graduate program in physics. Below is a list of recent recipients.
- 2010-11: Amanda Grovom
- 2009-10: Christopher Morse, Christopher Sullivan
- 2008-09: Mike Bennett
- 2007-08: Jaimie Gillette
- 2006-07: Shea Mosby
- 2005-06: Michael Strongman
- 2004-05: Manuel Reyes
- 2003-04: Nathan Walker
- 2002-03: Brett Isselhardt
- 2001-02: Joseph Stevick
Below are listed the most recent Westmont winners of the National Engineers Week Scholarships for Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties. Winners are selected from schools throughout Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties, based on academic performance, projects conducted, and reference letters. Congratulations to all the winners ... we are proud of you!
- 1999: Jonathan Mitchell, Andrew Hansen
- 1998: Andrew Davies, Jonathan Crabb, Ryan Throop, Gene Grimm
- 1997: Mary Elise Richter, Bill Klug, Andrew Brown
- 1996: Tad Finkler
- 1994: Amy Van Engen
- 1992: Brett Bufford, Stephanie Lockwood