Lab and Key Use Policy
Being given permission to independently use a psychology lab or the animal facilities is a privilege that carries with it responsibilities. A key can only be lent to a student on the following conditions:
- The key is for his/her professional use only. It may not be lent to other students, and he/she may not allow other students into this room using his/her key.
- Use of the room is restricted to the student's psychological research or classwork that requires its use. It is not a general purpose space for other activities.
- The room must be reserved for the student's professional activities. He/she must contact Brittany McInerney (x6071, email@example.com) for access to the Google Calendar for the room so he/she can check availability and record the days and times of use ahead of time.
- The room must be locked after use, all lights and equipment turned off, shades pulled down, supplies put away, and equipment properly cleaned. If the room is found unlocked upon arrival, this must be reported to Brittany immediately.
- The key must be returned at the end of the semester or whenever requested. The privilege of being lent a key can be taken away at any time.
If you agree with the aforementioned conditions, download the Key Use Policy form (below), have it signed by your research supervisor or professor, and turn the form in to Brittany McInerney. A copy of the form will be emailed to you.
Key Use Policy Form (PDF)