Student Life Internship
Student Life Intern Program
The Student Life Office welcomes applications for two unpaid internships for the Spring 2015 semester. Interns will assist Student Life on special projects planned for the spring. In their role, interns will gain valuable insights into various aspects of Student Life programming and administration. Interns will also have an opportunity to discuss their career interests and study plans with Student Life staff. This is a wonderful opportunity for anyone who is eventually interested in working in Student Life or other areas of higher education.
Internships are designed for ten hours per week. Candidates must:
- Be a recent graduate or a current Westmont student with junior or senior class standing
- Have a minimum grade-point average of 3.2
- Be self-starters, able to work independently and on teams, and meet deadlines
Interns will have learning opportunities such as:
- Assisting one or two Directors of Student Life Departments with specific projects
- Meeting 1-on-1 with staff from other departments within student life
- Attending one tactical and one strategic Dean’s Council meeting
- Attending monthly All Student Life Staff Meetings
- OPTIONAL: Traveling with Student Life staff to the Association of Christians in Student Development (ACSD) Conference at Northwest Nazarene University, June 1-4, 2015, in Chicago, IL. A $300 stipend will be provided to offset your overall expenses to attend the conference (approximately; $1,000)
Students interested in applying should complete these steps:
Submit the following material in an email to Tim Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Associate Dean of Students, by Monday, December 1:
- A brief letter stating why you are interested in this intern position and what department/s within Student Life interest you most
- A resume listing prior academic, employment and volunteer experience.
- The names of three faculty or staff members who could serve as references.
Top applicants will be invited to interview with Student Life staff members. Selections will be made by Friday, December 19. The start date is the first day of the spring semester. The internship ends on Friday, May 1.