Drive through Westmont's main entrance and begin your tour at the Ruth Kerr Memorial Student Center. Completed in 1983, it houses dining facilities for 472, a snack shop (The Study), student government offices, and a spacious upstairs lounge.
Located next to the circular drive, Kerrwood Hall holds administrative offices and beautiful Hieronymus Lounge. Built in 1929 as a private home, the estate has maintained much of its original charm and features white Mediterranean architecture, rooms paneled with hand-adzed wood, a patio with an imported Italian fountain, and formal, terraced gardens.
Nearby, the clustered structure of Deborah Clark Halls (1965) promotes interaction among the 244 students housed in its 17 buildings.
Bauder Hall, home of the psychology department, sits above Clark Halls and originally served as a carriage house.
The Post Office, built by students in 1955, provides the campus with complete postal service. Across the road is Emerson Hall, named for the college's first president, Wallace Emerson. Constructed on the highest part of campus in 1984, it commands a view of the ocean or mountains for 104 students.
John Page Hall (1959), is home to 186 men and women, mostly first-year students. The building honors Dr. John Page, a Bible professor in the 1940s.
Located in a rear wing of Kerrwood Hall, the Westmont Bookstore supplies the campus with school materials, books, and Westmont gifts and clothing.
Once a garage for the original estate, the Physics Building provides classrooms, laboratories, and offices for the physics department.
Built on three levels, the Roger John Voskuyl Library (1968) includes six classrooms, computer facilities, media equipment, and shelf capacity for more than 140,000 volumes. The Career and Life Planning Office, the Writer's Corner, and the Academic Support program have offices on the second floor.
In 1977, the college renovated the nearby Mathematics Building (formerly an old estate building). It now provides a classroom and office space for mathematics and computer science.
Next is the Ellen Porter Hall of Fine Arts (1961), Westmont's center for the performing arts. This complex includes a 220-seat auditorium, three classrooms, faculty offices, and private studios.
Nearby is the Mericos H. Whittier Science Hall. Completed in 1985, it contains laboratories, offices, and up-to-date instrumentation for the chemistry and biology departments.
Below, the Ruth Hubbard Memorial Music Hall (1957) houses practice rooms, private studios, the music library, and a music computer laboratory.
Farther down the hill is the Hugh R. Murchison Physical Education Complex (1969) with a 2,200-seat gymnasium, two handball courts, a swimming pool, locker rooms, classrooms, offices, and spaces for weight training, exercise, and dance classes.
The Russell Carr Athletic Field, home of the Warrior soccer and baseball teams, sits adjacent to the Murchison Complex.
The Track is below the field.
Past the stone bridge is the Physical Plant and Central Receiving area.
The Warrior tennis teams practice at Abbott Tennis Courts, next to Central Receiving. Through the Westmont Swim and Tennis Club, the eight courts are open to the public.
Below the courts is the Peg Lovik Nicholas Memorial Field, named for the late physical education teacher and Westmont Hall of Fame member. It is used for intramural sports and general campus recreation.
Several buildings on the lower part of campus originally belonged to the Deane School for Boys, which operated from 1912 to 1933. Westmont has partially or totally restored these buildings, and the county of Santa Barbara declared them historical landmarks in 1980.
Reynolds Hall, once a dormitory, now houses the English and modern language departments. There you will find a wardrobe that belonged to C.S. Lewis and is similar to the one described in his famous children's book, "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe."
Another former residence building, Deane Hall houses the economics, communication studies, sociology, history, and political science departments.
Deane School Chapel, home of the Weller Organ, serves as a classroom and rehearsal hall for the music department. Small chamber groups and faculty and student musicians give concerts there.
Its neighbor, the Art Center and Reynolds Gallery, was beautifully restored in 1986 to its original exterior appearance and contains an art gallery, art studios, and a classroom for the art department.
The Health Center, in a remodeled private residence, provides health care and counseling services to students.
Nestled among the oaks are the four separate wings of Armington Halls (1970 and 1974), home to 270 students.
Directly across the road is Van Kampen Hall (1963) which houses 211 students.
The George E. Carroll Observatory (1957) features a six-inch refracting and a six-and-one-half inch reflecting telescope, a classroom, and office space.
Up the walk is the William Porter Center (1968), which includes the offices of the religious studies, philosophy, and education departments.
A path nearby leads to the center of the campus and the Nancy Voskuyl Prayer Chapel (1960). Used for prayer and private meditation and occasional weddings, the chapel is a memorial to the daughter of President Emeritus Roger Voskuyl.