2. Leadership Trainings and Expectations
Your presence is required at the following events and trainings. Please mark these dates on your calendars now and make necessary arrangements to be available for these important sessions. I agree to attend the following sessions:
- Spring Leadership Kickoff: Wednesday, April 29th, 2015, 7:00 - 8:30PM
- Fall Leadership Retreat and Training: Thursday, August 20th - Sunday, August 30th. [Please schedule travel and arrivals to campus accordingly]
- Spring Training: Saturday, January 9th, 2016, 10AM - 5:00PM
- Leadership Lunches: Every Other Tuesday, noon-1PM
- Submit brief on-line monthly reports identifying tasks accomplished and lessons learned
- Maintain and respect office space keeping it clean and orderly
- I agree to make this role my primary extracurricular commitment (student leaders may not serve concurrently as intercollegiate student athletes, RAs, worship team leaders, admissions interns, or in other roles that require more than 10 hours/week)
- I will be enrolled as a full time student at Westmont for the duration of my leadership position
- I agree to honestly discuss my situation with my advisor if I am experiencing any difficulty upholding the guiding principles of the student leadership covenant
- I agree to respond to correspondences in a timely fashion (within 24 hrs.)
Organizational advisors will hold students accountable to the expectations listed above for the benefit of the student and the organization in which they serve. Failure to abide by the expectations listed above may result in a verbal warning, a written warning or removal (temporary or permanent) from a student leadership position. Consequences depend on the impact to the individual and the community.
Academic Standards Policy
- Applicants to student leadership positions must have a minimum 2.3 GPA.(WCSA 2.5 minimum)
- If a current student leader's GPA falls below 2.3, the student will be required to meet with their organizational advisor or supervisor to discuss the situation and determine whether the student will be allowed to continue to serve in the role. It is the advisor or supervisor's responsibility to make this decision.
Conduct Standards Policy
- Students on Student Life probation are not eligible to serve as student leaders.
- If a current student leader violates the community life standards or policies, their organizational advisor or supervisor will be notified and the student will be required to meet with the advisor or supervisor to discuss the situation and determine whether the student should be permitted to continue to serve in the role. It is the advisor or supervisor's responsibility to make this decision.
For example, as outlined in the community life standards I will:
- Choose to embrace God-honoring diversity
- Choose sexual purity, modesty and celibacy outside of a marriage covenant
- Choose to abstain from the use of alcohol & illegal drugs
- Meet the chapel attendance requirement
By submitting a leadership application, you are authorizing Student Life Staff members to have access to review your grade point average.