Do you have an idea for a student program?
Complete these steps:
Every program MUST be sponsored to be affiliated with Westmont College.
**If you do not have a sponsoring organization or department, you can request sponsorship from WAC on the Event Proposal Form found in Step #2.
Step #2: Complete the online Event Proposal Form.
Step #3: Await approval for your event. You will be notified via email from the Campus Life Office.
Step #4: Begin planning. Meet with your sponsoring student-leaders or faculty/staff members.
***Do not begin making reservations, agreeing to terms, signing contracts, advertising, or contacting outside vendors without receiving approval for your event.***
Planning a campus event takes more time than most students suspect. It is always best to start early.
8 Weeks Out:
- Tentatively choose 3-5 dates to propose for the event.
- Create a preliminary budget.
- Complete steps #1-3 listed above.
6 Weeks Out:
- Ask your sponsor to reserve the room/facility if on campus.
- Contact Keith Frazee to add the event to the Student Life Events & Programs Calendar.
- Determine needs for tables, chairs, multimedia, catering, campus vehicles.
- Schedule meetings through your sponsor for any required approvals. You will need approval if any of the following apply to your event:
- if using amplified sound
- if a contract is necessary
- if risk is involved
- if fundraising
- if more than 50 people is anticipated to attend
- if using a BBQ pit
- if posting flyers or posters on campus
3 Weeks Out:
- Begin advertising. To adavertise your event on the Student Life Facebook page, email Keith Frazee.
- Receive confirmation of room/facility reservations.
- Continue planning alongside your sponsor.
***NOTE: Programs proposed less than 3 weeks out will not be approved.***