Racial Equality and Justice
The Racial Equality and Justice Group (REJ) is a student-led group committed to creating awareness and educating our community about current racial identity, racism, white privilege, and racial justice. Students may have to register for an REJ seminar for the spring semester and receive G.E. credit for Serving Society and Enacting Justice.
Co-Director [1-4] (Approximately 4-6 hours/week):
NOTE: A new requirement for all ICP Student Leaders is to take the IS-130 course (Racial Justice Study Series) in the Fall. This is a two unit course that meets for 2 hours once a week.
* Attend the Student Congress on Racial Reconciliation (SCORR) at Biola in February.
*Attend and serve as a small group leader for the spring semester The Next Step Workshop.
* Plan one to two educational programs for the campus each semester
* Recruit applicants and review applications with the Advisor
* Plan and facilitate general body meetings
* Organize and facilitate debriefing session
* Read books and articles
* Bi-weekly 1:1 meetings with the ICP Director
* Participate in August retreat and training, and assist in orientation
* Attend monthly student leaders lunch meetings throughout the academic year
* Attend bi-weekly or weekly ICP Staff Meetings