Updated April 2015
Once approved through the club chartering process, clubs are able to request funding from the Westmont Activities Council (WAC). Please note: failure to adhere to any of the following may jeopardize the club's ability to receive the requested funding or to have future funding requests approved.
Please note: first year clubs will be approved a maximum of $100 for the year.
Requesting a Budget
- The club must complete a budget request as part of the club application. (Incomplete budget sections will be interpreted as the club not requesting funding)
- The WAC Clubs Coordinator will convene the WAC Budget Committee to review all club budget requests.
- Each club must meet with the Budget Committee in order to receive more information regarding the request. (Clubs not represented at the Budget Committee will not receive funding)
- The Budget Committee with communicate the approved budget to the club
- It is the responsibility of the club to research and present as detailed requested budget for the following year as possible
- In conjunction with the WAC Clubs Coordinator, detailed records must be kept of all items purchased or rented for club acitivities.
- It is the responsibility of the club to keep an accurate inventory of the club's belongings. WAC will not be responsible for missing inventory.
- All items that belong to the club must remain on campus during the summer months.
- When a club has spent money, turn in receipts to the WAC Clubs Coordinator within ten (10) calendar days after the conclusion of the event/activity. Receipts can be submitted electronically to email@example.com or hard copies delivered to the WAC Office in the KSC.
- Once a club has reached their allotted budget for the year the club will not be reimbursed any additional funds.
- It is the responsibilty of the club to track their spending so it is in line with their original request
- Clubs will not be reimbursed for any expenses that were misused or improperly documented.
- Clubs will only be reimbursed for expenses as outlined in Funding Guidelines
- Funds will not be granted for any events/activities that are not in line with Westmont's Community Life Statement
- Funds will not be granted to cover items that require storage (unless the club has dedicated, non-dorm-room storage space)
- Events/Activities Off Campus
- Travel and food expenses are typically not covered
- Overnight stays are typically covered up to $25/night/club member
- Requests for new uniforms will only be considered every three (3) years.
- Uniforms cannot be personalized
- Uniforms belong to the College and must be kept on campus during the summer months
- It is the club's responsibility to care for and keep track of uniforms
- Clothing Requests
- Clubs may request up to half (1/2) the cost of clothing items that are intended to stay with the individual (e.g. tshirts, etc.).
- Club members must pay for the portion not covered by WAC
- Only one clothing request per club per year will be considered
- Funds will not be granted to cover individual member dues
- Funds will not be given directly to charity
- Clubs are required to be represented at the following events/meetings: Fall Club Officer Meeting, Community Picnic, Spring Club Officer Meeting, Cupcakes and Clubs. Failure to be represented at any of these will result in automatic forfeiture of club status and any remaining budgeted dollars.
While not an exhaustive list, the following are some considerations when looking at funding proposals. In no particular order:
- Scope of membership (i.e. is the club open to all students?, only open to particular students?, etc.)
- Factor of student needs and wants
- Fundraising efforts (keep in mind that all fundraising needs to be pre-approved)
- Activity on campus
- Attendance at Community Picnic/Cupcakes and Clubs
- Member dues
- Updated web presence
- Funding level in past years
- Length of club on campus
Please note that proposed club events that involve more than 50 students, go beyond the scope of club membership, or invite in a non-Westmont speaker/organization must submit an event proposal form. These types of events must be co-sponsored by a campus office, department, or organization. Co-sponship is required prior to receiing funding through WAC.