Requirements for Officially Recognized Clubs
Officially recognized Westmont student clubs agree to a certain set of standards and criteria that govern their club’s organization, activities, and conduct.
- To function fully within the bounds of the Community Life Statement and in a manner that is supportive and reflective of the mission and purpose of Westmont College.
- To avoid undue liability or risk elements for the students or the college.
- To adhere to the standards of the Community Life Statement in all activities, meetings, or excursions, whether on or off-campus.
- To meet for official club purposes at least once each month.
- To avoid any action that could be considered hazing, harassment or an initiation ritual, and have read and understand the student handbook entry outlining Westmont's policy on hazing and abuse.
- To communicate with the WAC Clubs Coordinator concerning dates of proposed activities no less than ten (10) days prior to the event in order to prevent scheduling conflicts and to maximize the potential for funding.
- To submit event proposal forms for club events with 50+ people or that extend beyond club membership. Event proposal forms are available on the Campus Life Office website.
- To advertise club activities and meetings in accordance with the guidelines stated in the "Posting Policy."
- To participate in the Fall Community Picnic and Spring Cupcakes and Clubs events as a way to advertise, build a membership list, and promote campus and community development. Details about these events will be communicated to club officers by the WAC Clubs Coordinator. (Failure to participate in these will result in the clubs budget being frozen)
- To keep website up-to-date with
- current officers
- current members
- current meeting times
- current club photo