If this is an emergency ...
...for immediate assistance, call 911 or Public Safety (805) 565-6222
Student Concern Notification Form
Please submit a Student Concern Notification Form in the following situations:
- Extreme disorganization or erratic performance in class
- Angry or hostile outbursts, visibly upset
- Deterioration in physical appearance or personal hygiene
- Written or artistic expression of unusual violence or despair
- Being more withdrawn or animated than usual
- Noticeable cuts, bruises, or burns
- Essays or papers that focus on suicide or death
- Disorganized speech, rapid or slurred speech, confusion
- Multiple absences
- Student shares something with you that you believe would be good for Residence Life to support them in (i.e. Death of parent or roommate conflict)
- Student shares something with you that would be beneficial if other supports were provided (ex. depressed or self-harm)
- Sexual assault. Resident directors, student life deans, faculty department chairs, college employee supervisors, vice presidents, and the college Title IX officer are mandated reporters.
Please be aware that this form is not monitored after hours, on weekends, or on college holidays. Westmont has Public Safety officers that are available 24hrs a day, 7 days a week and they can be reached at (805) 565-6222. If you have immediate concerns about the health or safety of a student, call 911 and then Public Safety.