Westmont College Academic Technology (AT) is not a film or cinematography department. We do however, provide basic professional level video recording services for Westmont College lectures, concerts and events. For events that involve varying light and sound cues or multiple actors and key individuals, we usually recommend that departments contract with professional video companies. For simple lectures and events where there is generally one speaker or main focus, the recordings we make are edited and published to Westmont iTunes U and YouTube public pages. These quality recordings support the mission of Westmont College and are integral in communicating the narrative of the rich academic and community life at Westmont College.
How to request a recording of your event:
* Special events in the Gym – contact Brad Elliott 565.6052
* Events not in the Gym – Doug Conrad - Office of Academic Technology. Submit an EO request (Equipment Order)
For more specific information, please visit our Video Guidelines page.
* U.S. copyright law prevents making copies of copyright protected works, for non-instructional purposes when permission has not been granted by the owner.
* Although our current licensing grants us the right to perform certain musical works, we do not necessarily have permission from the specific copyright holders to copy and distribute beyond the fair use guidelines of the copyright act. If you do have evidence of copyright permission to make multiple copies of the work presented, it is your responsibility to provide this prior to the event.
* Individual presenters who are the registered owner of their works must sign and submit a release agreement form to Media Services before a copy of the presentation can be made.
* U.S. Copyright law allows for one (1) copy of a recorded work to be made available to the event sponsor for educational purposes only.