CLASSROOM and EVENT SUPPORT
Classroom support for academic technology at Westmont College provides real time response for issues or concerns with the presentational equipment in the campus class and event rooms. OAT office phone number is posted in all classrooms and is the best way to have a technician promptly provide the support needed. OAT email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Events at Westmont College are supported by the Director of Academic Technology and a trained student academic technology team (ATT). Requests placed through our online equipment order (EO) system at eo.westmont.edu require 24 advance notice for weekday, daytime events and 72 hour notice for night and weekend events. The support matrix below is used to identify the type of support needed for each event. OAT director in partnership with the customer connect each event with the appropriate level of support.
Academic Technology Team Event support matrix:
- A1 - Staff and or Director set up equipment by 15 minutes prior to event start, help presenter with any tech and Director remains present for event
Examples - Events where President is presenting, special recording events, Trustee and Preview Days Events
- A - Staff sets up equipment by 15 minutes prior to event start, helps presenter with any tech and staff remains present for event.
Examples - anytime President Beebe presents, video recording events
- B - Staff sets up equipment by 15 minutes prior to event start, helps presenter with any tech and staff remains for first 10 minutes of event before leaving
Examples - some Trustee or Advisors committee meetings, Movie events
- C - Staff sets up equipment by 15 minutes prior to event start, helps presenter with any tech and staff leaves event
- Examples - regular weekly events