AV Equipment Instructions
Instructions are in groups of classrooms with the same equipment. Click on the link below to see the instructions for the classroom you are in.
1. (VL104, VL 106,) Projector native resolution 1024 x 768
2. (VL108, VL203, HH 101, CH, MG2, R109, R209) Projector native resolution 1024 x 768
3. (VL204, MG3, MG4, KSC218, CLARK A, DSC) Projector native resolution 1024 x 768
4. (DH100, DEANE LAB) Native resolution is 1024 x 768
5. (VL307, PH1)
6. (ADAMS, WINTER, OBSERVATORY) Projector native resolution 1280 x 800 except for A216, A221 and WH210 where projector native resolution is 1920 x 1080
1. Laptop image not showing on screen:
- Check to make sure LCD projector is on correct input ("Laptop VGA" or "Floorbox" in new rooms). If you are unsure of correct input, reference instructions for specific room.
- Is laptop a MAC or PC? Do you have the correct adapter?
- Is Multiple Displays feature turned on?
Mac - go to system preferences, displays, arrangement, click "mirror displays" box in lower left
PC - toggle view with "fn" key on lower left of keyboard combined with F5, F7 0r F8 key. Each press of the two buttons shows a different view - one of which is image on both screens.
2. BluRay, VCR, DVD issues:
IMAGE NOT SHOWING ON SCREEN
- check to make sure LCD projector is on correct input. If you are unsure of correct input, reference instructions for specific room.
- For VCR, is tape rewound?
- For DVD, is there an error message on display of player?
AUDIO NOT WORKING
- Check volume controls to make sure level is not too low or muted
- Is image showing on screen? If not, make sure LCD projector is on correct input.