Off-Campus Local/Commuting Sign-Ups
Westmont limits the number of students who reside off-campus, and this limit is usually reached during the housing sign-upS period in early March for the following academic year. See Requirements for Commuters.
Here is a summary of the requirements about living off-campus, and related information for getting approval to do so:
- Personal attendance at an Off-Campus Living Workshop is required to be eligible to live off-campus. See scheduled workshop information (dates & location) at Requirements for Commuters.
- Students submit the Off-Campus Living Agreement as a part of the "Request for Off-Campus" form. However, students might not know their off-campus address at the time of their request--but it must be provided to Housing prior to residing off-campus. A separate version of the Agreement form is for students who need to provide or update their off-campus residential location at a later time. The Agreement is available at "Requirements for Commuters" under Off-Campus Commuting.
- Requests for off-campus must be submitted by the online request DEADLINE in March, using the "Request for Off-Campus" form below.
- Students must provide their residential location and phone number before they live off-campus. Failure to provide this information may result in the cancellation of the OCL reservation, or other sanctions. The college requires this information in order to make immediate contact in the event of an emergency or other important circumstance, and to ensure compliance with commnunity behavioral expectations.
- The notification date for requests submitted by the deadline is March 18.
- Students are responsible for requesting housing for each semester of enrollment in which they wish to live off-campus. The request form allows students to request one OR both semesters.
- Requests are considered according to housing sign-up time (which is class-based), not on a first-come, first-served basis. Housing sign-up times are determined by randomization of class groupings.
- Off-campus local/commuting is considered as an individual request only; it cannot be reserved as a group request.
- Approval to reside off-campus must be granted by Housing. If not granted, requests will be waitlisted or denied. When the off-campus limit is reached, Housing will start a waitlist. Students with waitlisted off-campus requests are urged to request the best college housing they can. For more information about the waitlists, see Waitlists.
- If your request for off-campus is GRANTED for the subsequent Fall semester, you may not participate in any other housing request during sign-ups for college housing unless you first relinquish your OCL reservation to the Housing Director.
- If your request for off-campus is WAITLISTED or DENIED, you may participate in any other housing request during sign-ups for college housing. In fact, you are encouraged to do so!
- Students should not make any rental commitments until Housing grants the request to live off-campus.
- Sophomores should not apply. We discourage sophomores from considering off-campus because parking permits are not offered to sophomores, and it can be especially difficult to manage as a commuter without a parking permit. Securing approval to reside off-campus does not "improve" a student's chances for getting a parking permit. Even more, it is expected that off-campus local/commuting will be almost entirely limited to seniors for the 2016-2017 academic year.
Go to: Request for Off-Campus