Fall Change Requests

Types of changes

There are occasions when a student, after being assigned housing for the fall semester, wants to request a different housing assignment for the fall semester:

  1. Cancel an on-campus housing assignment and reside off-campus.
  2. Cancel an off-campus reservation and reside in college housing.
  3. Move from one campus room to a different campus room.
Off-campus commuting

Students who wish to reside off-campus must request this in writing to the Housing Office. Students must obtain written approval to reside off-campus, and the number of students who may reside off-campus is limited by Westmont due to governmental requlation. When the limit is reached the Housing Director wil start a waitlist. See Requirements for Commuters.

A student who wishes to move on-campus and cancel an off-campus reservation should contact David King, Housing Director (dking@westmont.edu, 805.565.6036) to inquire about openings.

Requests to move to a different room

Once the semester has commenced, campus residents should contact their Resident Director (RD) to inquire about a change to a different room. If the request is to move to a different residence hall, the other RD will be involved as well. In November, in preparation for spring semester housing, campus residents are surveyed by residence life staff regarding their spring housing plans. Those who wish to request a room change at the end of the fall semester should contact their RD and complete a Room Change or Roommate Request form in early November.

If the fall semester has not yet commenced, students with confirmed on-campus assignments who wish to inquire about a change to a different room should contact David King, Housing Director. After consultation with the Housing Director, students may be directed to submit the Housing Request form. However, a different form may be used so this online form should not be used unless the student has been directed to do so by the Housing Director.