Who stays over Spring break?
Since many services are curtailed during Spring break (aka Spring Recess), most campus and Ocean View residents leave for the week. However, current residents in college housing are allowed to stay in their own rooms or apartments during Spring break if they sign-up to stay.
Current residents must sign-up to stay
Current campus and Ocean View residents must sign-up to stay for any portion of Spring break, using the Special Spring Break Housing (login) below. Those who stay should be aware of the restrictions and limitations during break. These are described below and in email message which is sent by the Housing Director to students who sign-up. Also, students are asked to verify (and update, if necessary) their emergency information on their student profile. This is very important since fewer residence hall staff are on campus that week.
Students sign-up here: Special Spring Break Housing
Parking permits are not required
Any student may operate a vehicle on campus from the Friday immediately prior to Spring break until the Sunday at the end of it (10 days). No parking permit is required.
Restrictions and limitations during Spring break
- No guests may stay in the residence halls. Usual behavioral and housing policies apply.
- The Dining Commons is closed for most of break. See Auxiliary Services for specific dining hours.
- The Shuttle and Dial-a-Ride services are suspended. See Transportation Services for any updates.
- Custodial services in the residence halls are suspended.
- There may be very limited access to residence hall personnel.
- Access to the on-campus residence hall kitchens may be limited.
- The gym and racquetball courts may be closed for floor maintenance.