Spring Change Requests

Types of changes

There are occasions when a student, after being assigned housing for the spring semester, wants to request a different housing assignment for spring:

  1. Cancel an on-campus housing assignment and reside off-campus.
  2. Cancel an off-campus reservation and reside in college housing.
  3. Move from one campus room to a different campus room.
Off-campus commuting

Students who wish to reside off-campus must request this in writing to the Housing Office. Students must obtain written approval to reside off-campus, and the number of students who may reside off-campus and commute is limited by Westmont du to governmental requlation. When the limit is reached the Housing Director wil start a waitlist. See Requirements for Commuters.

A student who wishes to move on-campus and cancel an off-campus (local commuter) reservation should contact David King, Housing Director (dking@westmont.edu, 805.565.6036) to inquire about openings.

Requests to move to a different room

Once the semester has commenced, campus residents should contact their Resident Director (RD) to inquire about a change to a different room. If the request is to move to a different residence hall, the other RD will be involved as well. In November, in preparation for spring semester housing, campus residents are surveyed by residence life staff regarding their spring housing plans. Those who wish to request a room change make that request with their RD.

If the spring semester has not yet commenced, students with confirmed on-campus assignments for the spring semester who wish to inquire about a change to a different room should contact David King, Housing Director. After consultation with the Housing Director, students may be asked to submit the Housing Request form. Students should not use this online form unless they have been asked to do so by the Housing Director.