Wellness at Westmont
As members of the Westmont community, together we can create a culture of wellness by getting active and taking advantage of available resources.
In addition to healthy eating, regular exercise is necessary for good health. Joining other members of your community in physical activities that fit your level of ability and schedule can prevent disease, control weight, reduce stress, improve stamina, and boost energy. Group exercise and accountability also facilitates relationships within our community and provide opportunities to positively engage with others in the Santa Barbara community.
Fitness Opportunities at Westmont
- Every Spring Semester, Strength and Conditioning class students apply their expertise by serving as personal trainers to anyone interested in such a valuable experience. For more information, contact Glenn Town or Chris Ecklund.
- Start or join a walking group, cycle with your co-workers, or take advantage of student trainers in the Westmont fitness center.
- Running/Walking Routes around Campus:
- Ashley Loop
- Faculty Housing
- New Track
- Channel Islands Challenge!
- 52-mile swim (3,661 lengths of Westmont's pool!), see Lifeguard on-duty for details. Win a free t-shirt!
Fitness Opportunities in Santa Barbara
- Walk for a cause, find free fitness classes near you, get active outside and get the kids involved too!
- Current Faculty & Staff Benefits Website
- Aetna Employee Assistance Program Resources
- How to Access Your Behavioral Health Benefits
- Now includes a list of Christian Counselors!
Promoting Health and Giving Back
Be sure to visit each month for new resources! Have an idea of an item to share? Email email@example.com