8.9 Child Care Resources
Westmont recognizes that high quality and affordable childcare is
a serious concern for working parents. In an effort to assist employees
in locating qualified childcare and to be sensitive to childcare issues,
the following summarizes Westmont's childcare related benefits:
- Resources for obtaining childcare are available in the Human Resources
- The college provides free access to local child and elder care
referral services from our
Employee Assistance Program.
- Our sick leave policy allows the use of up to one-half the annual
available accrual of sick leave to be used to care for an ill or
- A flex-time schedule allows work schedules that accommodate childcare
needs, subject to supervisory approval.
- The Pre-Tax Health and Dependent Care Expense Plan allows dependent
care expenses up to $5,000 per year to be paid with pre-tax dollars.