The Mission of Westmont's Internship Program is to offer students opportunities in self-directed learning, self-assessment, professional development, career exploration, and faith integration, primarily in the context of a work setting. The mission further serves to raise students' awareness of issues of justice within a work or service context.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply learned skills (written, oral, social, and critical) in a professional setting.
- Develop a personal exposition of Christian vocation.
- Lay the groundwork at an approved site for a lifelong habit of serving society, primarily by logging hours through enrollment in:
- APP-191SS - The zero-credit service option
- APP-190SS - The unit-bearing service internship.