WELCOME TO OFF-CAMPUS PROGRAMS
Make an appointment NOW with Barb Pointer email@example.com to talk through specifics of the process and the program you are interested in.
**Important Dates and Deadlines for Spring 2014**
. . . March 1st, 2013 for Westmont in Istanbul Spring 2014
. . . April 2013 for Houghton in Tanzania, Spring Semester in Thailand, Taylor Irish Studies Program
. . . May 1st, 2013 for Early Action for all CCCU bestsemester.com programs
. . . September 2013 for all other Spring 2014 programs
How do I go about choosing an Off-campus Program that's right for me?
OCP encourages you to choose a program* that enhances your academic experience overall, and, when possible, your major area of study specifically. Keep this in mind as you browse this site, and talk with your academic advisor(s) and OCP faculty/staff for help determining the program that best fits your needs and interests.
Students planning to apply for an off-campus program should make an appointment with Sarah Tabb in the Off-Campus Programs Office to confirm the need for any additional required forms. The OCP office is located in Kerrwood Hall, x6009 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Itinerant vs. stationary?
- Domestic vs. international?
- East vs. west vs. south?
- Urban vs. rural?
Industrial vs. agricultural economy?
- Hotels (unique to Europe Semester)?
- Dorms (with North Americans or internationals)?
- Apartments vs. homestays?
- Christian vs. secular?
- Students are "catered to" or "caterers" of student body spiritual life
- Open to all majors vs. major specific
- GE/Elective credit vs. major/minor credit
- English speaking in international setting?
- Language immersion as primary focus?
- Language as survival/secondary focus?
Costs?--keep in mind that you will pay:
- Westmont tuition, unless the program tuition is higher
- Westmont health and IT fee
- The specific program's room, board, and fees (may be more or less than Westmont's)
- Travel--usually extra