Westmont limits the number of students enrolling in programs operated by affiliate providers. If you are interested in being considered for a "spot" for Fall 2015, you must be approved first by Westmont prior to applying directly to any affiliate off campus program.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Fall 2015 opportunities are closed (except for Westmont in SF--see below).
Deadline for Westmont in San Francisco Fall 2015--applications will be accepted until the program is full.
WESTMONT IN ISTANBUL:
Westmont in Istanbul will be running again in spring 2016.
You can debate with your roommate whether Islam poses a global threat - or you can go to the heart of the Islamic world and find out. You can wonder whether people in the Middle East want to live in a democracy - or you can ask them. You can pray for peace in Israel and Palestine - or you can also find out how to work for peace.
How do I go about choosing an Off-campus Program that's right for me during my time at Westmont?
The first step is to set up an appointment with Barb Pointer, Assistant Director of Global Education. Your first semester at Westmont is the ideal time to do so, so as to keep as many options open down the road as possible (even if you do not yet know your major/minor, or even where you would like to study abroad).The OCP office is located in Kerrwood Hall, x6009 or email email@example.com.
OCP encourages you to consider a program that enhances your academic experience overall, and, when possible, your major area of study. Keep this in mind as you browse the OCP site, and talk with your academic advisor(s) and OCP faculty/staff for help determining the program that best fits your needs and interests.
Here are some important questions to consider. . .
Why do I want to study abroad?
- to be challenged to think differently
- to experience another culture
- to go on an adventure/ a trip
Where do I want to go?
- Itinerant vs. stationary
- Domestic vs. international
- Urban vs. rural
Industrial vs. agricultural economy
Where do I want to live?
- Hotels and hostels
- Dorms (with North Americans or internationals)
What kind of community to I want to live and learn with?
- a group or cohort
- I want to be one my own
- Christian vs. secular
What do I want to learn and do? What credits do I want to earn?
- a language
- major/minor credits
- GE/Elective credit + major/minor credit
- an internship/a service component
- English speaking in an international setting
- Language immersion as the primary focus
How much will it cost?
- Westmont tuition (unless the program's tuition is higher)
- Westmont health fee, IT fee and OCP participation fee for affilitiate programs (as of Spring 2015, $1500)
- Program room, board, and additional fees (may be more or less than Westmont's room and board)
- Travel--usually extra but occasionally included in room and board costs