Recruiting on campus at Westmont College
We welcome you to Westmont, and look forward to working with you and assisting you with your organization’s staffing needs. Please take a moment to read through the information below which outlines some important policies and logistics regarding your visit.
• When you arrive on the Westmont Campus, you are welcome to park in lot #1 closest to the Ruth Kerr Student Center, and you are not required to have a parking pass. Should you receive a parking ticket, you may disregard it.
• The recruiting table is located outside of the Dining Commons.Peak time for meeting students is 11:00am to 2:00pm. If needed a second table will be made availalbe to accomodate two recruiters. We try not to bring in more than two recruiters on a given day.
• Please be advised that the Recruitment Coordinator has the right to approve or deny any companies or organizations that are not in keeping with the tenets of the college.
• For the fairness of all, we ask that recruiters limit their visits to campus to one per semester.
• You are welcome to bring displays, but know that you will not have access to electrical outlets and displays may not block walkpaths.
There is WIFI in the DC should you need internet access.
• Recruiters are welcome to eat in the Dining Commons while on campus.
(please check their website for current pricing)
• Due to the tight academic schedule that Westmont keeps, class time is precious and limited, and we do not arrange for in-class visits for recruiters, and the same rule applies to Chapel time. We will announce your visit on WestmontLink, a job posting site available to students and alumni. We will also send students an email reminding them of your visit through WestmontLink. We encourage you to post any open positions you have on WestmontLink by visiting https://westmont.edu/postajob . You may post full or part time positions, as well as internships and volunteer opportunities.
• We do not stuff student boxes with flyers: however, if this is very important to your organization, you may contact the Post Office regarding their fees for this service. You may also want to consider advertising in the student newspaper, Horizon. http://horizon.westmont.edu/
• If you would like to schedule a visit to campus, have any additional questions or concerns once you arrive, please contact me at my office (805) 565-6263 or my cell phone (714) 833-0287.
I hope your time here at Westmont is both enjoyable and fruitful.
Lori Ann Banez
Student and Alumni Employment Coordinator
Office of Life Planning- Westmont College