How to Pick-Up Your Permit [decal]
Students should request a permit in advance, preferably 1-2 business days before coming to obtain the decal. After the first week of the semester, students may expedite the process by notifying the Housing Office that a late permit request has been submitted. You do not "have" a valid permit until the decal is affixed to your vehicle. Your profile will read "Ready for pick-up" after your request has been processed by Housing and made ready.
Location for permit pick-up
The date of your request affects when and where you may pick-up your decal:
- MONDAY PICK-UP: Go to the circle drive outside Kerrwood Hall on the first MONDAY of the semester (from 8:00 AM-6:00 PM) IF you successfully requested a permit in time for the Housing Office to process the request. If you did not request a permit BEFORE the weekend immmediately preceding this day, you won't be able to get your permit at Kerrwood circle. If you do not pick-up your decal on Monday, your permit will cost more (see Costs)
and you will need to obtain your decal from the Housing Office
- Early request period for Fall permit: July 1-31
- Early request period for Spring permit: December 1-31
- LATER PICK-UP: Go to the Housing Office. If you do not request early enough to pick-up your decal at Kerrwood circle on the first MONDAY of the semester, you must go to the Housing Office to get your decal. The Housing Office is in Clark Halls (bldg. N). Please request a permit online BEFORE coming to the Housing Office to save yourself some time. The convenient decal pick-up at Kerrwood circle is only offered to those who request early enough for us to process the request.
Bring these items with you:
- Your vehicle
- Your registration paperwork (IF this is required on your request--LOOK FOR THIS)
Early Spring Permit Opportunity
We offer both semester permits on the first day of the academic year, but only to those who qualify.
Students may request a Spring semester permit IN PERSON while they are picking up a Fall permit. If the student has NOT been previously waitlisted for a permit, the Spring semester decal will be issued (affixed to the vehicle) at that time. However, if the student has been waitlisted, a Spring permit will NOT be offered. The opportunity for an early Spring permit is only available at the time of Fall permit pick-up.