Request a Permit
Students should request a permit in advance before coming to get a decal affixed to the vehicle. We need time to process each request. The following vehicle information must be provided in order to request a permit: registered owner, make-model-color-year-state.
Requesting a permit online is merely the first step. You do not "have" a valid permit until one is affixed to your vehicle. See How to pick-up your permit for WHEN and WHERE to get your decal.
Confirm the status of your request
Your student profile will display the evolving status for your permit request:
- No request being processed = no request on file
- Waitlisted = soph permits are exhausted. Sorry, but no permit is available for you
- Request successful = you successfully requested a permit; we're getting it ready for you
- Ready for pick-up = a decal is being held for you, but it's not valid until it's on your vehicle
- Permit issued = you will be charged for the decal now that it is affixed to your vehicle
If you don't know the specific vehicle or license plate:
Since we require a specific vehicle for permit requests, indicate a vehicle you are most likely to bring when you complete the vehicle information. You may change your vehicle (and this information later) by contacting the Housing Office or when you arrive to get your decal. If the vehicle is new and does not have a license plate, enter your Westmont ID number in the license plate field on your request.
Lower Cost for Early Request & Prompt Pickup
If you successfully request a permit during the early request period, your permit will cost less than if you request after that period (see Costs).
- Early request period for fall semester: July 1-31
- Early request period for spring semester: December 1-31
Soph permits are for eligible sophomores on a limited basis. The earliest time when sophomore permits are available for request is 9:00 AM (PS) on July 1 (for Fall permits) and December 1 (for Spring permits). Contact Housing about any Eligibility difficulties. When Soph permits are no longer available, the requestor's name will be added to the waitlist during the online request process. If additional soph permits become available at a later date, the Housing Office will notify by email to offer the permit.
Juniors & Seniors
Regular permits are for eligible juniors and seniors. Eligible juniors and seniors may not obtain parking permits on behalf of sophomores or first-years. Contact Housing about any Eligibility difficulties.
To request a temporary permit, sophomores, juniors or seniors need to come to the Housing Office in person with the following information. It is not necessary to bring the vehicle when obtaining a temporary permit, but the vehicle registration should be brought.
- Registered owner
- Vehicle make (e.g. Honda)
- Vehicle model and color (e.g. blue Civic)
- Vehicle license plate, and state of issuance (e.g. ABC123, CA)
To request a temporary permit for medical reasons, students need to go to the Campus Health Center.