Application to be a Wandering Scholar
(for the Academic Year 2011-2012)
Course to be taken:__________________________
Semester you are applying for:_________________
On a separate sheet of paper, please answer the following questions:
- What do you hope to receive from taking this class? Or what are your own goals in taking the class?
- In what ways will this class enrich your own teaching and scholarship? (anything that was not already said in #1)
- Are there ways in which your own disciplinary concerns will potentially enrich this class?
- How will your responsibilities in your own department be covered while you take this class?
- Are there benefits that will accrue to your department as a result of your taking this class?
Signature of Department Chair:_______________________
Applications are due in Provost’s Office by November 1, 2010.