RA APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Keep in Mind
The deadline is Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 4pm. Applications will not be able to be submitted after this time.
1. Know what you're signing up for. We want you to fully understand the position you are applying for so make sure to read through all the supporting documents at the left.
2. Distribute reference forms . All you need to do is identify which faculty member (professor) you would like to fill out a reference form for you. Be sure to give them plenty of time to make the deadline (January 23, 2013 at 4pm).
- Faculty Reference (1) –– you'll select one faculty member
- Current RA Reference (1) –– this is automatically sent to your current RA
- Peer Reference (6) –– these are distributed by your current RA
Want to check on the status of your references? Simply log back into the application once you have submitted everything and you will be brought to a status page.
3. Produce a resume which should include:
- Education (including off-campus experiences, lifeguard certification, etc.)
- Work experience
- Volunteer / church experience
- Extra-curricular activities / leadership experience
4. Complete Essay Questions. (You may find it easiest to type these into a word document and then copy and paste them into the online application)
5. Sign up for an Interview. Each applicant will meet with two RDs for a formal interview lasting approximately 25 minutes. Interview locations will be determined no later than January 25th. Simply log back in to see where your interview will be held.
6. Choose a Group Process time to attend. Options include: Monday, February 4th at 7pm or Tuesday, February 5th at 3:30pm. Both will be held in the Page MPR.