Configuring the Telephone User Interface (TUI)
The Telephone User Interface enables you to configure options such as the prompts that play when you llog in, and the order in which your messages play back.
To access the TUI options:
- Navigate to http://voicemail.westmont.edu. Login with your User ID and password.
- From the Options menu, choose Telephone Interface
- Play Message Options: Choose the following options for playing back the message count by clicking the appropriate radio button:
- Count my new and saved messages - Choose this option to have the system play back the number of new and saved voicemail messages in your mailbox when you log in.
- Count my total new messages – Choose this option to have the system play back the number of new voicemail messages in your mailbox when you log in.
- None – Choose this option if you don’t want the system to read back the number of voicemails you have when you log into your mailbox.
- Message Sort Order: Choose the order in which you want messages to play back by selecting one of the following Message Sort Order options:
- Click the Play newest messages first radio button to play new messages first.
- Click the Play oldest messages first radio button to play old messages first.
- Place a checkmark in the Prioritize urgent messages to play back first box if you want to play urgent messages before other messages.
- Mailbox Greeting: The following picture shows the default settings for new mailboxes. Callers need to hear your recorded greetings and status, though you don’t necessarily want to hear those when you log in.
4. Playback Mode: Choose the Playback Mode options which control what prompts play when you log into your mailbox:
- To set the Playback Mode to Verbose*, click the Verbose radio button.
- To set the Playback Mode to Brief**, click the Brief radio button.
- (* Verbose refers to the envelope information: date, time, phone number, prompts, that will be played before messages.)
- (** Brief will just play the message)
It is very important that you always leave the options in this section Unchecked. Callers will be unable to leave messages if you enable it.
6. Click Save to save the telephone interface options.