What Westmont in San Francisco students say on...
• The community life is the best part of the program. I was able get to know people I normally wouldn't get to know, and I have had the opportunity to build new friendships. I can’t speak highly enough about my fellow students and staff!
• The kitchen and food are great. I've truly enjoyed getting in the habit of cooking, and the kitchen is a good place for socializing, laughter and fun. I'm grateful to have ownership of making my own food - it tastes so much better that way!
• Learning how to work in a professional environment has given me much more confidence in myself, and has gave me a stronger sense of my strengths. The quality and quantity of the work experience I received is unparalleled in the undergraduate setting. I know that the things I learned through my internship will be very useful to me in whatever career path I choose.
• My supervisor and co-workers have invested a lot in me. They have given me significant work to do, and I feel like I'm really making a difference. I now have a much clearer picture of what I want to do as a career.
• The Urban Studies course challenged me to become more informed and to think critically about issues that are present in our world today. I worked through a lot of ideas about my vocation, my relationships and my outlook on life; all with my faith in mind.
• The Urban Studies course taught me to take responsibility for my own learning. I especially enjoyed learning about the city first-hand through guest speakers and field trips. The guest speakers helped us to see the city from a Christian perspective and were very inspiring.