WESTMONT COLLEGE POOL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- No breath-holding.
- No running, pushing, roughhousing on deck or in pool.
- No carrying of anyone on the shoulders or backs.
- No “chicken fights.”
- No Band-Aids in pool or open cuts/sores in pool.
- No skin diving or scuba equipment allowed in pool except during a scheduled SCUBA class.
- No chewing gum in the pool area.
- No glass items in the pool area (including shower/locker rooms).
- No diving in the shallow end.
- No back dives off side of pool.
- No hanging from board.
- No double bouncing.
- Divers must go straight off board.
- One person on diving board and one person on ladder at any time.
- Lifeguard may close board at his/her discretion, if pool is at capacity.
- Everyone must check in with lifeguard on duty upon entering the pool facility.
- All persons are prohibited from entering pool without lifeguard on duty.
- No one except lifeguard allowed on guard stand.
- Attendance may be limited by guard on duty in accordance with general safety.
- Persons under 12 will not be admitted to the pool unless accompanied by an adult.
- Lifeguard on duty may order any swimmer out of pool and/or pool area if, in opinion of guard, the presence and actions of swimmer compromises the safety of swimmers or the keeping of order in pool.
- Swim lessons must be conducted by a Westmont College swim instructor.
- Groups of 10 or more must observe the group-use policy and receive permission from the aquatics supervisor to use the pool.
- No flotation devices of any kind. (Noodles may be used if there are not many patrons. Aqua Joggers, kick boards and pull buoys are not considered flotation devices.)
- Audio/music players should not be brought to pool area, unless used with headsets/earphones.
- No animals allowed in the pool or locker room area. We ask that you not bring dogs (except service animals) to the Westmont campus.
- All swimmers must have a swimsuit, moderate in style.
- Notify the lifeguard immediately in case of an accident or injury.