WESTMONT COLLEGE POOL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- No breath-holding.
- No running, pushing, roughhousing on deck or in pool.
- No carrying of anyone on the shoulders or backs.
- No “chicken fights.”
- No Band-Aids or open cuts/sores in pool.
- No skin diving or scuba equipment allowed in pool except during a scheduled SCUBA class.
- No chewing gum in the pool area.
- No glass items in the pool area (including shower/locker rooms).
- No diving in the shallow end.
- No back dives off the side of pool.
- No hanging from board.
- No double bouncing.
- Divers must go straight off board.
- One person on diving board and one person on ladder at any time.
- Lifeguard may close board at his/her discretion, if pool is at capacity.
- Everyone must check in with lifeguard on duty upon entering pool facility.
- All persons are prohibited from entering pool without a lifeguard on duty.
- No one except lifeguard allowed on guard stand.
- Attendance may be limited by guard on duty, in accordance with general safety.
- Persons under 14 will not be admitted to the pool unless accompanied by an adult. (Exception: Faculty and staff children 10 years and older can be admitted to the pool without an adult.)
- Lifeguard/s on duty may order any swimmer out of pool and/or pool area if, in opinion of guard, the presence and actions of swimmer compromises the safety of swimmers or the keeping of order in pool.
- Swim lessons must be conducted by a Westmont College swim insructor.
- Groups of 10 or more must observe the group-use policy and receive persmission from the aquatics supervisor to use the pool.
- Notify the lifeguard immediately in case of an accident.
Community Enhancement Regulations
- No flotation devices of any kind are allowed in the pool. (Noodles may be used if there are not many patrons. Aqua Joggers, kick boards, fins, and pull buoys are not considered flotation devices.)
- Audio/music devices should not be brought to pool area, unless used with headsets/earphones.
- No animals allowed in pool or locker room area. (We ask that you not bring dogs to the Westmont Campus.)
- All swimmers must wear a swimsuit, moderate in style.