Start your summer right at a retreat for 2014-2015 high school Freshmen and Sophomores. Join other college bound students for a weekend of fun, focus, and gearing up for a summer well spent. Westmont Summerfest 2014, led by current college students and faculty, will get you pumped up to make the most of your summer.
Live the life of a college student for the weekend (without the homework!): dorms, dining commons, great conversations, and wacky fun.
We are still finalizing program details for 2014. Below is the schedule from 2013.
Conversations: (led by Westmont faculty)
- Five smart things you can do this summer for future college success
- Lovin’ the tunes: how music can help you learn and thrive
- Popping the Christian college bubble
- Movie talk: discuss a cult classic over coffee
- F.A.M.I.L.Y. – Families Are Messy – Insights into Loving Yours
- World impact: The power of your social media network
- College Reality Check: Q&A with current college students
- Team competition; pool BBQ; coffee bar and movie trivia; evening concert; and more
- Reflection and refreshment: morning and evening worship
- Exercise Santa Barbara style: run on the beach or attend an outdoor fitness session
View Last Year's Summerfest Schedule
If you would like to be one of the first to to know about the 2014 schedule, please email Melinda Harriman at Mharriman@westmont.edu