Mission and Goals
The Gaede Institute for the Liberal Arts was established to promote the continued vitality of the liberal arts tradition in American higher education.
We seek to:
- Sharpen the vision of a dynamic, contemporary liberal arts education rooted in a rich, diverse tradition;
- Deepen understanding of the underlying commitments and values shaping liberal arts education;
- Stimulate dialogue between all streams in the liberal arts tradition;
- Strengthen the commitment of administrators, faculty, staff and students to the liberal arts vision;
- Equip faculty to implement the liberal arts vision at their institutions;
- Spread the message of the value of the liberal arts to students, parents, and the broader public; and
- Bring faith into the conversation on liberal arts education.