What to Bring
Please pack lightly, but be sure to bring the following items for your stay at Westmont College:
- Computer (The entire Westmont campus has wireless internet access.)
- Multiple outlet surge protector
- Towels and Washcloths
- Blankets/pillows/extra-long twin sheets (36x80)
- Alarm clock
- Study/reading light
- Mug or glass
- Laundry bag or basket
- Small basket for carrying personal bathroom supplies (may not be left in bathrooms)
- Headphones for your stereo, electric guitar, or keyboard
- Money for laundry card
- Comfortable shoes and clothes for outdoor recreation (hiking, extended walking)
- The campus offers the following facilities: tennis courts, racquetball courts, swimming pool and gym. If you hope to utilize these facilities, pack accordingly.
What NOT to Bring
- Hot plate
- Microwave oven
- Toaster/toaster oven
- Air conditioner
- Halogen torchiere floor lamp
- Regular extension cords
- Candles/oil lamps (the fire code prohibits them)
- Duct tape
- Too much stuff!
- Chairs, desks, or beds (rooms are furnished, and there is no extra storage space)
There is a student store on campus where you can purchase school supplies, toiletries, snacks and other merchandise. All meals are provided. Any special dietary needs can be noted on the online health form.
June in Santa Barbara is endearingly called "June Gloom" because of the overcast coastal climate. Some warm clothes will be necessary.