Financial Aid Checklist

Attend financial aid workshops near you to obtain important assistance and information. Check with your high school or college for dates and locations of these workshops.

Apply for a PIN (Personal Identification Number). It can be used to complete the FAFSA on the Web, as well as FAFSA corrections, renewals and to check on student loan data. Parents of dependent students must also apply for a PIN in order to sign their student’s FAFSA, renewal or correction forms electronically on the web. Go to to apply. Basic information is needed: name, social security number, date of birth and mailing address. After the Central Processing System receives a successful match from the Social Security Administration, a PIN will be mailed to the applicant.

FAFSA on the Web Worksheet - You are able to print a non-submitable 2016-2017 FAFSA on the Web Worksheet for informational purposes. You may find the 2016-2017 FAFSA on the Web Worksheet helpful to familiarize yourself and your parents (if you are dependent for financial aid reasons) with the kinds of questions you’ll need to answer.

Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) between January 1 and March 2. Filing on the web requires a PIN —Personal Identification Number It is possilbe to file the FAFSA after March 2nd; however, a few financial aid funds may be unavailable.

If you are a California resident you are eligible to apply for the Cal Grant. If you are applying for the Cal Grant for the first time, it is imperative that you file the GPA Verification Form and submit it directly to the California Student Aid Commission. This is in addition to filing a FAFSA form which is sent to the federal processor. The absolute deadline for both of these forms is March 2. The GPA Verification Form is available at your high school counseling or college financial aid office.

In general, a student must have maintained continuous California residency, including physical presence, for one year prior to date the FAFSA is filed. There may be other residency requirements as well. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid with questions.

The Financial Aid Office will request other documents (i.e. US 1040 tax forms and Verification Form) along with the Notification of Financial Aid, if the student is selected for verification. All loan applications and other required forms need to be received by the Financial Aid Office by July 1st to ensure that funds will be available when the fall semester begins.

Transfer students – academic transcripts, through the final semester/quarter, must be submitted and grade level determined by the Records Office, before the Financial Aid Office can verify a loan amount.

Formal admission to Westmont is required prior to any financial aid allocations.