Damage to or Loss of Personal Property

Westmont recommends that your parents include your belongings away from home in their homeowner’s policy and that you obtain insurance protection against loss, damage, or theft of personal property. (The college assumes no responsibility for and does not provide insurance or any other financial protection for your personal property or that of your guests.) Although Westmont does not endorse any particular insurance company or product, the housing office will provide information upon your request about a limited, low-cost insurance program from a private insurer. Westmont recommends locking your room to prevent theft. Contact the Director of Public Safety for more information.

Click here to return to the Standard Operating Procedures page.