Exploring US colleges?
A close-knit student community and expert professors and staff who invest in you provide the ideal space to discover your calling and vocation. This connective community respects, enhances and challenges your values. You receive a world-class, well-rounded, demanding yet personal academic experience through robust academic programs and opportunities for personal development.
Key Information for International Students
• Forbes has recognized Westmont as No. 123 in Private Colleges, No. 68 in Liberal Arts Universities, and No. 23 among national liberal arts colleges whose graduates earn the highest salaries.
• Westmont is located on the California coast about an hour and a half north of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and 20 minutes from Santa Barbara Airport (SBA).
• Westmont is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, California State Board of Education, and National Association of Schools of Music.
• Non-U.S. citizens accepted for admission need a Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Immigrant Student Form (I-20) to apply for the F-1 Student Visa. An I-20 is issued to accepted students once the college has received their tuition deposits.
• About 85 percent of Westmont students live in our campus housing, facilitating a close-knit student community.
• International Students have the opportunity to participate in paid internships and part-time jobs while on the F-1 Visa, through CPT and OPT programs.
Westmont encourages you to embark on a Christian journey of faith seeking understanding, gain knowledge and broaden your ideas about the world beyond your borders. Outstanding global education programs allow you to live and learn in a completely different culture for a semester. Choose from a wide selection of majors and tracks (including the option to create your own). Our excellent general education program exposes you to a range of classes before you settle on a course of study.
Thinking of applying?
Find out more about our International Application Requirements.
Our unique location in scenic Santa Barbara, a California city set between the Santa Ynez Mountains and the Pacific Ocean, features spacious beaches minutes away and a host of hiking trails. Westmont students connect with local churches and ministries and make a difference in the Santa Barbara community. The college also serves international communities, including Ensenada, Mexico, where the Potter’s Clay ministry has continued for more than 40 years old. At Westmont, you can participate in something bigger than yourself, leading a life of service while being known and loved by the surrounding college community.