Auxiliary Services Laundry System
Laundry equipment in the Westmont residence halls is provided and maintained by
Laundry and Card Information below:
- WASH Laundry smart chip cards are unique to the WASH Laundry System. They can be purchased at the Westmont College Store.
The price of the card is $6.00, which includes $3.00 pre-loaded value.
- The value is stored on the actual “Smart Chip” on your card, and it is important not to lose the chip if it comes off your card.
- We strongly recommend you do not punch a hole in your card for a lanyard. This tends to loosen the chip and also can get the card stuck in a machine.
- Value remaining on your chip can only be retrieved and refunded if you have the actual chip! Please note there is nothing WASH Laundry Systems or Westmont College can do to restore value if you have lost the smart chip.
Register your laundry card, and purchase value on-line at www.washpin.com
The WashPin system does not accept debit cards for payment. Please be ready to make payment by credit card when you register your WASH Laundry Card to purchase value.
Make sure the WASH Laundry Card you possess has a serial number printed on the back, and that on the front it also has in the bottom right corner a white dot with a blue "G" on it. If your card is missing either of those, contact Bill Groeneveld at firstname.lastname@example.org for a replacement.
Do not use hyphens (-) or commas (,) in your name or address when you register on the washpin.com site. This has been known to create problems with registering and/or redeeming the value at the PinMate machine.
International students/guests will not be able to register their card using their international address. Please use another appropriate address in the United States, or just use the college's address (955 La Paz Road, Santa Barbara CA 93108)
|Armington Hall||Bldg D laundry room on first floor|
|Clark Hall||Lower A lobby near stairs by vending machines|
|Emerson Hall||By water station in foyer near back entrance|
Global Leadership Center
By water station outside South Hall laundry room
|Mailing Services||In lobby across from outbound services window|
|Ocean View Apartments||Laundry room|
|Page Hall||Laundry room|
|Van Kampen Hall||Laundry room|
2018-19 Academic Year Prices:
- Wash $1.70 per load.
- Dry $1.40 per load.
- When you use a washer or dryer in the residence halls, the required value is deducted from your chip to activate the machine (when available from your balance).
Check Your Card's Balance:
- You can check the balance on your card at any WASH Laundry device, including washes and dryers, simply by inserting your card in that device and following any related instructions.
- The maximum value you can store on your card is $50.
- Washers are front-loading and require liquid detergent.
- High Efficiency detergents with the h-e logo (see below) are best.
- Whatever liquid detergent you use, you can use 1/4 to 1/2 of the amount indicated on the package and your laundry will still come out great while you save money!
FOR ALL OF THESE METHODS, YOU WILL NEED THE MACHINE ID FROM THE PLATE ON THE MACHINE (THREE LETTERS FOLLOWED BY THREE NUMBERS). PLEASE DO NOT REPORT LAUNDRY MACHINE PROBLEMS USING THE UPKEEP WORK ORDER SYSTEM.
Call WASH Laundry at 1-800-421-6897
- Now available on iTunes for iPhone and Google Play for Android.