Disability Services Documentation Requirements
Students are required to provide the following disability documentation to the Office of Disability Services (ODS) to determine eligibility for services.
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008, individuals with disabilities are protected from discrimination and may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. To establish that an individual is covered under the law, documentation must indicate that a specific disability exists and that the identified disability limits one or more major life activities. A diagnosis of a disorder in and of itself does not automatically qualify an individual for accommodations. The documentation must also support the request for accommodations and academic adjustments.
Please ensure all disability documentation includes professional's signature, date and license number. All forms may be downloaded and printed from the ODS webpage.
- For learning disabilities, records of a psycho-educational evaluation performed by a qualified professional (See section on documentation required).
Learning Disabilities Documentation requirements
Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Please read documentation guidelines of documentation information. This documentation must include specific information and be completed within the last six months (see ADHD Guidelines) The ADHD or Learning Disability Documentation forms may be completed by your treating practitioner a part of the documentation process: ADHD Documentation form and/or provide Learning Disability Documentation requirements.
- Please have your physician or other appropriate professional complete Medical Disability Documentation form.
- All relevant questions must be answered or the submission will be considered incomplete.
- Please read documentation guidelines of documentation information. This documentation must include specific information and be completed within the last six months (see Psychological Documentation Guidelines). The Psychological Disability Documenatation form may be completed by your treating practitioner as part of the documentation process: Psychological Disability Documentation form.
Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Please have your psychiatrist or other mental health professional complete the Psychological Disability Documentation or Medical Disability Documentation form and/or submit records of a psycho-educational evaluation which includes ASD diagnosis.
- Provide documentation of your most recent visual acuity and/or visual field examination results, along with a detailed diagnosis and description of the disability. Include how the visual impairment impacts learning. Complete the Medical Disability Documentation form.
Deafness or Hard of Hearing
- Provide a copy of an audiogram, administered within the last two years by your physician, audiometrist or audiologist, verifying the extent of your hearing loss and the impact this has on learning.
- Complete Medical Disability Documentation form.
Speech Impairment, Acquired Brain Injury, Chronic Illness
- Please have your physician or other appropriate professional complete the Medical Disability Documentation form.
- All relevant questions must be answered or the submission will be considered incomplete
- Please email to discuss or call with unique circumstances or if you have a temporary disability. firstname.lastname@example.org