Disability Services Schedule an Exam
EXAM SIGN-UP DIRECTIONS
Returning users: GO TO EXAM REQUEST
First time users: Read instructions below
Proctoring Hours: 8:30 AM-4:45 PM. Exams must be completed by 4:45 PM. We are closed during chapel. You must be registered with Disability Services to receive exam accommodations.
IMPORTANT: You must schedule your upcoming exam(s) 3 business days in advance; weekends are not counted. For example, a Wednesday 8:30 exam would need to be scheduled by Friday of the previous week. The exam site will not allow you to schedule an exam unless it is within the 3 business day period. You will need to contact the Office of Disability Services (ODS) regarding late requests. We will try to help you schedule an exam on a case-by-case basis, but there are no guarantees that your test can be proctored without appropriate notice.
Students who receive the accommodation of extended time for exams, receive time plus half time. In other words, if you have a 65 minute class your time and a half would be 98 minutes. If you have a 110 minute class, time and a half would be 165 minutes or 2 hrs. 45 minutes. On the exam site we currently have time rounded up or down to the closest half hour, but this may change soon.
ODS can start proctoring exams at 8:30 AM.
- Example A- If your class exam starts at 8:00 AM, schedule the exam session with ODS at 8:30 or 8:40 AM. You will need to check to see if you have room in your schedule for extended time.
- Example B- If your class exam starts at 9:15 am, you would request an 8:40 or 8:45 AM exam time with ODS and your finished time would be 10:10 or 10:15 (leaving you enough time to get to chapel for Monday, Wednesday and Friday classes).
- Example C- If your class exam starts at 3:15 pm and is a two hour class, you'll have 2 hrs and 45 minutes which would go past our office hours. You will need to move your exam time forward to 2:00 pm if your schedule allows so that you would be finished by 4:45 pm. If not, you will need to make other arrangements within your schedule for the exam time.
When your class schedule conflicts with having extended time and other classes or ODS office hours, you have the following choices:
- Schedule the exam at a different time with professors' approval. Please write this down in the notes section on your exam request page. Email ODS about this approval and cc' your professor.
- Exams for night classes or late afternoon classes will need to be proctored during ODS office hours or with a proctor chosen by your professor who is able to provide a distraction free space and the appropriate extended time.
- If you do not require a distraction free environment, with professor approval, you may take test with class by requesting to begin the exam earlier or stay later to accommodate extended time.
- In rare cases due to an unusually tight schedule, a test may need to be proctored on an earlier or later day.
- Please work closely with professor and ODS when scheduling, making sure approvals are obtained in Advance.
Requesting your exams:
- GO TO EXAM REQUEST link and type in your Westmont username and password.
- Your schedule should be listed. Choose the course for your exam and select ADD Exam.
- Enter exam time and day information accurately. Enter a time which will NOT conflict with chapel (MWF from 10:30-11:30) or any other class you will be attending. If you need to move your examination to a different time than the class, you may do so, but state the reasons in the NOTES section - example "I have back to back classes. Requesting exam time at 8:45 a.m. with extended time."
- Click SAVE. Check to see if it appears to be scheduled correctly by clicking on View My Exams.
- You may edit or delete your exam request until it has been approved by ODS.
- We do not give chapel excuses.
- MWF (65 min) class exams are usually one hour and 38 minutes (including extended time), T-TH (120 min)class exams are usually 2 hours and 45 minutes (including extended time).
- Professor must approve, in advance, any exam materials or change in exam duration or day.