Disability Services Schedule an Exam
EXAM SIGN-UP DIRECTIONS
Hours: 8:30 AM-4:45 PM. Exams must be completed by 4:45 PM. We are closed during chapel. You must be registered with Disability Services to receive exam accommodations.
IMPORTANT: You must schedule your upcoming exam(s) 3 business days in advance; weekends are not counted. For example, a Wednesday 8:30 exam would need to be scheduled by Friday of the previous week. The exam site will not allow you to schedule an exam unless it is within the 3 business day period. You will need to contact ODS regarding late requests. We will try to help you schedule an exam on a case-by-case basis, but there are no guarantees that your test can be proctored without appropriate notice.
Students who receive the accommodation of extended time for exams, receive time plus half time. In other words, if you have a 65 minute class your time and a half would be 98 minutes. If you have a 110 minute class, time and a half would be 165 minutes or 2 hrs. 45 minutes. On the exam site we currently have time rounded up or down to the closest half hour, but this may change soon.
ODS can start proctoring exams at 8:30 AM.
- Example A- If your class exam starts at 8:00 AM, schedule the exam session with ODS at 8:30 or 8:40 AM. You will need to check to see if you have room in your schedule to take the allotted time and a half for the exam.
- Example B If your class exam starts at 8:30 AM, schedule the exam session with ODS at 8:30 or 8:40 AM.
- Example C If your class exam starts at 9:15 am, you would request an 8:40 or 8:45 AM exam time with ODS and your finished time would be 10:10 or 10:15 (leaving you enough time to get to chapel for Monday, Wednesday and Friday classes).
If you have a conflicting class schedule, you have the following choices per your professor and ODS’s approval:
- Schedule the exam at a different time with professor approval. Please write this down in the note section on test sign-up page and ask professor to email ODS this approval.
- Exams for night classes or late afternoon classes will need to be proctored during ODS business hours.
- If you do not require ODS testing environment, with professor approval, take test with class by requesting to begin the exam earlier or stay later to provide extended test time.
- In rare cases due to an unusually tight schedule, a test may need to proctored on an earlier or later day.
- Please work closely with professor and ODS when scheduling, making sure approvals are obtained in Advance.
How to log-in:
- Log in using your Westmont username and password on ODS website, left-hand side under “Services Schedule Exam: http://www.westmont.edu/_offices/disability/DSServices.html
- Choose the course of your exam and select ADD Exam.
- Enter exam time and day information accurately. DO NOT enter a time that will conflict with chapel (MWF from10:30-11:30) or any other class you will be attending. If you need to move your examination to a different time than the class, please state this in the NOTES section.
- Hit “SAVE”
- Check to see if scheduled correctly by clicking on “View my Exams”
- We do not give chapel excuses.
- MWF (65 min) exams are usually one hour and 38 minutes, TTH exams are 2 hours and 45 minutes (with extended time).
- Professor must approve in advance any exam materials or change in exam duration.
Final exams need to be scheduled 3 weeks in advance. You should consider petitioning if you have two finals in one day. Petition Form for Finals