Housing Office Mayterm & Summer
Mayterm on Campus
Short-term May Housing for Athletes/Summer abroad participants
Summer at Ocean View
Mayterm & Summer Housing Overview
**Please be advised: we expect to complete a number of projects during Mayterm and Summer in OV--there may be significant noise and disruption to our normal process!!**
- Page parking lot replacement: students may need to park in Emerson and walk to their cars during Mayterm.
- Entire Westmont road will be re-slurried: there may be a few days with limited road access.
- Ocean View roof replacement: upstairs 4-person apartments will be most impacted by noise disruption first 6 weeks of summer. All OV residents will experience noise and some limited access to courtyard, stairway near garbage, etc.
- Ocean View parking lot replacement: timing TBD. Will impact parking for ~1 week.
- Ocean View bathroom fan installation for apartments who do not have them.
- Other projects/construction may come up as Mayterm/Summer is the prime time to tackle this work!
There are two types of summer housing, and each type is restricted for specific purposes.
- Housing on campus during the Mayterm period only (May to early June): normally in Page Hall.
- Housing at the off campus Ocean View Apartments for the Summer period (May to mid-August).
On campus during Mayterm
Campus housing during this year's Mayterm is only made available to students who are in one of these categories:
- Enrolled in at least 1 "in-person" Mayterm course (see Mayterm on Campus).
- Participating in a Westmont summer study abroad course/program (see Short-term housing).
- Approved by their head coach to participate in extended intercollegiate athletics (see Short-term housing).
NOTE: Students who decide to reside off campus in their own housing and commute to campus for Mayterm do NOT need to make any official arrangement with Housing.
Summer in Ocean View
Housing at Ocean View may be requested by any current Westmont student. Applications for Summer OV housing are not reviewed until after April 10 in order to allow faculty and staff to hire students for the summer. Priority is given to student researchers and student summer employees. This is for the entire summer (no partial stays with the exception of researchers).