Summer & Mayterm Mayterm on Campus
On-campus housing during Mayterm 2019
No one may reside in campus housing during the Mayterm period unless he/she has been assigned by the Housing Director or Mayterm RD (Resident Director). Campus housing during the Mayterm period is available to students who:
- Enroll in a Mayterm class on campus.
- Enroll in a summer travel course with the Off-Campus Programs Office (aka Global Education Office) and need housing for a brief period on campus prior to departure.
- Partipicate in extended intercollegiate athletics behond the Spring semester, when short-term housing is provided during the month of May. See May Housing for Athletes for information and the housing request form for this use. NOTE: Athletes use a different application for housing during May than those attending Mayterm. Students who will participate in extended athletics AND will enroll a Mayterm course on campus must submit both forms.
Students who are living off-campus in their own residence and commuting to campus (ostensibly to participate in one of the three groups listed above) do not need to obtain approval or make any official communication with Housing.
Meal Plan: The meal plan is required for 5-week Maytermers who live on-campus, with two exceptions:
- Travel Maytermers: No meal plan is offered by the Housing Office to students enrolled in a travel course and only on campus for a short period. Travel Maytermers may purchase individual meals at the dining commons (with cash, check, or credit card), prepare their own meals in the residence hall kitchen, or dine off-campus.
- Athletes: No meal plan is offered by the Housing Office for athletes in temporary housing (i.e. those who are approved by their head coach for extended intercollegiate competition beyond the Spring semester). Athletes should check with their coach about their meal needs, and what will be arranged by the coach.
Athletes who will also be attending Mayterm: A meal plan may be incorrectly assigned to athletes if the athlete also requests Mayterm housing for the full 5 weeks. However, if mistakenly assigned such a meal plan will be cancelled. Due to the various arrangements for meals by coaches, we do not offer the Mayterm meal plan to athletes in extended intercollegiate participation.
After athletes have concluded their extended intercollegiate participation, they are on their own for meals. Athletes may purchase meals on their own at the dining commons (with cash, check, or credit card), prepare their own meals in the residence hall kitchen, or dine off-campus.
Costs for Room & Board for 2019
- Housing: $805 ( 5 weeks)
- Meal plan: $510 (5 weeks)
Submission deadline: May 2, 2019 (last day of finals), IMPORTANT: No online applications are accepted after the last day of finals. There are different check-in times, depending upon when Mayterm housing is requested:
Early Check-In opportunity
If you apply by the last day of spring finals (THURSDAY, May 2, 2019), you may participate in EARLY Check-In from 10:00am-12noon on Sunday, May 5.
If you have not applied online by May 2, 2019, you will need to request Mayterm housing in person during STANDARD Check-In from 12noon-2:00pm on Sunday, May 5, or later with the Mayterm RD.
For those who do not check-in at one of the above pre-scheduled times, the Mayterm RD or Mayterm RAs will be available for a later check-in from 7:00pm-9:00pm on Sunday, May 5, in the Page-RA office (ground floor).
If you do not or cannot check-in at any the above times, you need to make a check-in appointment with the Mayterm RD. The Mayterm RD for 2019 is Anna Fletcher (GLC-RD during the year).
You may contact the Mayterm RD by email if you have any questions or special concerns. The cell phone for the Mayterm RD on-call will be (805) 565-OCRD , but please do NOT call this number until the Sunday check-in, May 5, as other RDs may carrying this phone until Mayterm.
On-campus housing during Mayterm 2019 will be in Page Hall, unless space requirements or unforeseen circumstances require the use of a different hall. Early and Standard check-in (for keys, roommate requests, and room assignments) will take place at Page Hall-MPR (ground floor lounge). Later check will take place at Page Hall-RA office (center entrance on ground floor).
Reminder: When you apply by the last day of spring finals (THURSDAY, May 2, 2019), you may participate in EARLY Check-In from 10:00am-12noon on Sunday, May 5. Remember: No online applications are accepted after the last day of finals. If you have not applied online by the deadline, you may request Mayterm housing in person during STANDARD Check-In from 12noon-2:00pm on Sunday, May 5.
Services during Mayterm
Please note the following update about services and programs during Mayterm:
- Reduced hours in the dining commons. The hours during Mayterm are typically posted on the entrance door.
- Campus Shuttle and Dial-a-Ride are suspended.
- Campus Health Center hours are reduced to 10:00am-1:00pm on Mondays and 11:00am-2:00pm on Thursdays.
- The Counseling Center is open Monday - Friday during Mayterm by appointment only. Students can request a counseling appointment on the Counseling Center website.
- Career Development & Calling is open.
Mayterm students may request a specific roommate at time of check-in, but all Mayterm residents should expect their rooms to be fully occupied. If students do not have a specific roommate request at time of check-in, the next student in line will be assigned as the roommate. Those requesting short-term housing (i.e. Off-Campus Program participants and athletes) may be assigned differently than regular Mayterm students. After check-in, Mayterm residents may talk with the Mayterm RD about a room change.
Mayterm residents check-out and leave Mayterm housing on the last Friday of the 5-week Mayterm. However, the deadline for check-out is the following day (Saturday) at 12:00noon. Check-out procedures are determined by the Mayterm RD, and an express check-out procedure is used.
Questions or concerns?
You may contact the Mayterm RD by email or the Housing Office if you have any questions or special concerns. The cell phone for the Mayterm RD on-call will be (805) 565-OCRD , but please do NOT call this number until the Sunday check-in, May 5, as other RDs may carry this phone until Mayterm.