Getting Started With Canvas and Zoom ZOOM - Getting Started
Zoom Video Conferencing is available for all Canvas courses. All faculty have a "Host" license allowing unlimited meeting times. You can connect remotely with your class, hold virtual office hours and much more. Here are the basic steps to using this feature in Canvas.
- Begin with Zoom: To connect to Zoom the first time, go to westmont.zoom.us and click on "Sign In". This will create an account for you and get you started with Zoom.
- Help with Zoom: If you would like assistance in using this feature, please send us an email to email@example.com
- Connect to Zoom: Once your account is created, you can either use Zoom through the login page (westmont.zoom.us) or go to Canvas and locate Zoom on the left side navigation column of your Canvas course.
- Zoom Video Tutorials: Click HERE to watch short videos documenting basic Zoom uses.
- Zoom Basic Tips: Click HERE to view the Zoom pdf of Zoom basics tips
- Click on Zoom and then follow the prompts to authenticate.
- In the Zoom dashboard, you should see a "Personal Meeting room". You can click on "Start" to begin a session that you can invite students to or you can click on "Schedule a meeting" to create a video call that you can then invite students to. For a class, you may want to use the "Schedule a Meeting" feature while just clicking on "Start" for your personal meeting room could be used for virtual office hours.
- From this screen, you can click on "Meetings" in bottom icon tray and you will see the meeting invite info to send out. If you hover your mouse over the top part of this screen, you will see "Copy" which will copy the info so that you can paste in an email or calendar invite. This will include information for laptop connection as well as a phone number to call in with.
For more information on how to use the features of Zoom, visit the Zoom Help Center.
Zoom video tutorial demos - Click HERE to watch Zoom video tutorials